WELLINGTON OF FLOWER MOUND
RESIDENTIAL ASSOCIATION, INC.
ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE
Bulletin #9 - Flags
August 3, 2011
Pursuant to Article 10.02 of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Wellington of Flower Mound Residential Association, Inc. (the “Declaration”), The Architectural Control Committee (the “Committee) may, from time to time, publish and promulgate Architectural Standards Bulletins covering all or a portion of the property made subject to this document. These bulletins may contain standards, requirements or limitations in addition to those expressly set forth or referred to in the Declaration.
This bulletin is applicable to all Wellington lots.
The patriotic display of the flag of the United States of America, the flag of the State of Texas or an official or replica flag of any branch of the United States armed forces shall be permitted under the following guidelines:
1. Flag not to exceed 4’ x 6’ in size.
2. Limit one flag pole per lot. A pole (not to exceed 8 feet) mounted to the façade of the residence or a flag pole (not to exceed 20 feet). Materials used must be harmonious with the residence and neighborhood.
3. A flag pole must be located a minimum of 15 feet from the property line.
4. Limit of one US flag, one Texas State flag and one military flag on the pole at a time.
5. Illumination limited to one 20 watt flood light. Placement of light not to impact neighboring lots.
6. Flag snap hooks and halyard to be secured so as not to create noise.
7. The US Flag is to be displayed in accordance with 4 U. S. C. Sections 5-10. The State of Texas flag is to be displayed in accordance with Chapter 3100 of the Texas Government Code.
8. Flag and pole to be maintained in good condition.
Reference: 9.21 of the Master Declarations and HB 2779 of the 2011 Texas Congress